200 Main Street
The annual Paso de Casas (Home Tour) began in 1966. Visit historic buildings on a guided tour. Third weekend in May.
166 Main Street
The Spirit Room in historic Jerome, Arizona has offered fun, refreshments, and more to locals and visitors alike for many years! Make the Spirit Room your first stop in Jerome for live entertainment! LIVE MUSIC EVERY SATURDAY & SUNDAY AFTERNOON FROM 2 – 6 !
110 Jerome Avenue
The Liberty Theater featured silent movies and vaudeville acts until its closing in 1929. The downstairs was converted into the Liberty Cafe and in the 1960′s was once again changed into a retail and antique shop. The upstairs remained unchanged since its closing in 1929. In 2003, the current owners started renovation on the original theater. Now open for tourists and local residents to enjoy, one of Arizona’s finest historic landmarks serves as a Cinema Museum, Gift Shop.
55 Douglas Rd
Largest wooden headframe still standing in Arizona, it was completed in 1918 to haul ore up from the mine. Shaft is 1900 feet deep, concrete lined with cross tunnels every 100 feet to Edith Shaft.
407 Clark Street
The Mine Museum on Main Street has photographs, equipment and ore samples. Owned and operated by the Jerome Historical Society.
200 Main Street
This is a recommended stop down the hill from the center of town. The former Douglas Mansion, designed by James “Rawhide Jimmy” Douglas is equipped with a wine cellar, billiard room, steam heat and was built from adobe bricks made on-site. Now a museum which exhibits photographs, artifacts, minerals and videos. Don’t miss the 3-D model of the underground tunnels under the town. There’s a picnic area with a panoramic view.
403 Clark Street
Don’t miss the Gold King Mine & Ghost Town. The location of the historic Gold King Mine was originally the site of Haynes, Arizona, which in 1890, was a small suburb of the larger town of Jerome, one mile north. When the Haynes Copper Company dug a 1200-foot-deep shaft in search of copper, they were disappointed at the absence of copper, but miners hit gold instead. The site is now a musuem where visitors can see continuous demonstrations of antique mining equipment and the operation of a turn-of-the-century sawmill daily. Other highlights include walks in an authentic mine shaft, animals to pet and feed, a circa 1901 blacksmith shop, and the world’s largest gas engines. The Museum is open daily from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Facilities include rest rooms and a large parking area.